In order to bring world-class architecture and innovation to the New River, fund the expansion of the Riverwalk, create approximately 1 acre of public space within the development (including the Rain Tree Park), provide public art, preserve and relocate 75 mature trees that exist on the property, and ensure the success of the marine, retail, and restaurant community within it, Marina Lofts must make use of existing height and density allowances granted by the City of Fort Lauderdale.
There are no height or density restrictions required by code on the Marina Lofts site.
The iconic Marina Lofts complex will join the following other, taller landmarks in Downtown Fort Lauderdale:
- Las Olas River House (452 feet), 333 Las Olas Way, Fort Lauderdale
- Las Olas Grand (420 feet), 411 N New River Drive, Fort Lauderdale
- 110 Tower f/k/a Auto Nation Tower (410 feet), 110 SE 6th Street, Fort Lauderdale
- Bank of America Plaza (407 feet), 401 East Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale
- One Financial Plaza (374 feet), 100 SE 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale